Graduated in 2014 from tikrit university , faculty of dentistry and received his professional diploma in cosmetic dentistry in 2016 from British academy .
During the two years 2014-2016 has attended a number of refresher courses and developing skill in esthetic restoration using direct and indirect techniques in anterior and posterior teeth.
Wait the Rehydration
29792 Views - Oct 2016Download PDF
Proximal caries in anterior teeth is big challenges to dentist because it's in esthetic zone , SO the shade selection should be accomplished prior to rubber dam isolation to prevent improper color matching that may result from dehydration and elevated values.
Img.1 - frontal view in occlusion showing the proximal carious lesion in multiple teeth .
Img.2 - palatal view showing the carious lesion more clearly .
Img.3 - frontal view showing the proximal carious lesion in four anterior teeth .
Img.4 - isolation in such case is mandatory to be work in clean field .
Img.5 - isolation provide more visible area to the target ( the field is ready to work on ) .
Img.6 - another view with further magnification .
Img.7 - frontal view after removing the caries .
Img.8 - palatal view showing the cavities after caries removing .
Img.9 - another view showing the cervical enamel free from caries and clean .
Img.10 - total etching with 37% phosphoric acid .
Img.11 - sectional celluloid strip with emergency profile and fixed by wedge .
Img.12 - bonding the cavities with vigorous brushing .
Img.13 - light curing .
Img.14 - palatal view before finishing and polishing .
Img.15 - frontal view immediately after finishing .
Img.16 - the filling is marked , don't worry , wait the rehydration.
Img.17 - frontal view after removing the rubber dam .
Img.18 - palatal view after removing the rubber dam .
Img.19 - frontal view showing the rehydration and matching the color after one month control .
Img.20 - palatal view after rehydration ( one month control ).
Img.21 - frontal view showing the result after rehydration and color matching .
Img.22 - Before and After .
ConclusionsWhen the teeth dehydrate , the air replaces the water between the enamel rods , changing the refractive index that makes the enamel appear opaque and white . If the correct shade color is selected before isolation with rubber dam , don't worry , just trust to rehydration .
- 1 . Hall NR, Kafalias MC. Composite colour matching: The devel- opment and evaluation of a restorative colour matching system. ?Aust Prosthodont J 1991;5:47-52. ?
- 2 . Winter R. Visualizing the natural dentition. J Esthet Dent 1993; ?5(3):102-117. ?
- 3 . Devoto W, Saracinelli M, Manauta J. Composite in everyday practice: how to choose the right material and simplify application techniques in anterior teeth. EJED 2010, vol.5, No.1, 102–124.
- 4 . www.styleitaliano.org/ cervical enamel-Jordi Manauta
- 5 . www.styleitaliano.org/ Tips and Tricks for proximal caries in anteriors-Mohamed Salah